Dr. McCleery Lobo Wolves Digital Archive

Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Cities bidding for wolf park

This article reports that the famous wolf pack owned by Dr. E. H. McCleery - now containing almost 100 wolves - has been divided. Twenty-five of the wolves have been moved to a park at Gap, PA, near Coatesville. Only adult wolves will be kept at the Gap park because Kane has a better climate for…
Date: May 3, 1930

This article describes Dr. E. H. McCleery's frustration with trying to find a new location for his wolf park. Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Asheville, NC are attempting to persuade Dr. McCleery to move his park there, but he would prefer to keep the wolves in Kane. He expresses his indignation at land…
Date: September 12, 1928

This article reports that Dr. E. H. McCleery has purchased 25 acres of land from the Kane Estate. In the early spring, he will move his wolf pack to this new location along the Roosevelt Highway, midway between Kane and Mt. Jewett, in the hopes of attracting more tourists to help fund the project.…
Date: November 3, 1928

This article reports that Dr. E. H. McCleery has established another wolf park near Coatesville, PA. This new park was constructed by C. A. Carlson and his son, and the stonework (presumably including the stone arch) was created by Carl Swanseen. Martin T. Carroll will be the manager of the new…
Date: May 3, 1930